WHAT's New In Public Works Department:
The East Mall Drive (EMD) Extension project is part of a public/private partnership in which the City of Box Elder is constructing the base project to which a privately funded project (Seger Drive extension) is planned to connect. The EMD extension includes approximately:
- ~5,000 feet of new 3-lane street section from Elk Vale Road to west of Bennett Road;
- connections to Elk Vale Road, America’s Way, a new cul-de-sac (south access), and Seger Drive (future), and the I-90 Service Road (temporary);
- ~5,000 feet of new water main;
- ~6,000 feet of new sewer main; and
- major drainage improvements along the new EMD alignment.
The EMD project is scheduled to be complete in the spring of 2020. This project is planned to eventually connect to Bennett Road and be integrated into a new I-90 Exit 63 interchange over the next several years.