The City of Box Elder Street Department serves the community of Box Elder by maintaining beauty and safety of roadways and right of ways. The primary mission of the Street Department is to insure the health and safety of the public through the cleaning and repair of streets and the maintenance of signs, traffic signals and street lights.
The department consists of full time employees and summer-seasonal employees under the direction of the Public Works Field Superintendent.
- The department maintains the City streets to include pot-hole patches, curb/valley gutter repair or replacement, overlays, striping of paved surfaces.
- The department also maintains alleys and public parking areas, as well as miles of gravel road.
- Street shoulders are maintained along with right-of-way mowing and tree trimming.
- Street staff also manages and treats all City property under a West Nile program as needed.
- The department monitors streetlights and traffic signals and coordinates repairs.
- The department addresses special clean up needs such as storm related tree/brush trimming and disposal, litter clean up, and street and storm drain clean up after large rain/flood events.
- The crews also set up special events, parades and establishes barricades for street closures.